The California Solar Initiative
The California Solar Initiative offers cash back for installing solar on your home or business.
California is striving to create megawatts of new solar-generated electricity, moving the state towards a clean energy future. And you can help!
Join the thousands of home and business owners who have earned cash back rebates by installing solar energy systems through the California Solar Initiative. Customers earn cash rebates for every watt of solar energy installed on homes, businesses, farms, schools, and government and non-profit organizations.
1. Saves Money
What will you spend on electricity?
|Now||Plus 5% Annual Increase
|Total: 5 Years|| $9,000|| $10,441
|Total: 10 Years||$18,000||$23,768
|Total: 20 Years|| $36,000||$62,485
Can Solar offer a savings?
- Total cost of Electricity (20years) = $62,485
- Cost of Solar (Example) = $40,000
- Less utility rebate = $9,000
- Less tax credit = $9,300
- Net cost of solar = $21,700
- Total savings (20 years) = $40,785
2. Rely on Renewable Energy, Not Fossil Fuels
Renewable energy is a natural choice. Harnessing the earth’s own inexhaustible energy can reduce dependence on fossil fuels and provide clean, affordable electricity.
3. Good for the Environment
- Helps to keep our air clean
- Potential to reduce the production of CO2
- Makes use of secure and sustainable natural resources